What are we looking for?
You will be a graduate by the time the course starts, with a 2:2 or above.
All candidates must have at least a grade 4/C or equivalent for GCSE maths and English. Candidates should also have a grade 4/C or equivalent in a Science subject. The National Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) can provide advice on the equivalence of overseas qualifications.
Although not compulsory, it is recommended that you have some school experience in place before applying for a place on the course. This could be voluntary work or employment, for example as a teaching assistant. Horizon are happy to set up school experience opportunities for potential trainees email email@example.com to request a voluntary placement.
In addition to the entry requirements, Horizon School Direct are looking for people with the following qualities:
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Willing to contribute to the wider life of a school
- Self-reflection and a determination to develop and improve
- Passion for working with children and young people
- Organisation and strong communication skills
- Energy and enthusiasm